MEDICARE RAC CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
RAC CERTIFICATE PROGRAM EXAMINATION|
A sample exam is now available. Click here to create an account and access the sample exam.
MEDICARE RAC CERTIFICATE PROGRAM|
The National Medicare RAC Summit is offering a Medicare RAC Certificate Program in the form of an optional course within the conference for attendees wishing to take a deeper dive into the Summit's subject matter.
The Medicare RAC Certificate Program curriculum and requirements are as follows:
- Complete pre-course readings (6 hours) - Click here to review pre-course reading
- Completion of online training modules on preparing for and responding to RAC audits, prepared by Maureen T. Drach, RN, MBA, Director, Regulatory & Capital Markets Consulting Practice, Deloitte & Touche LLP; and Kathleen Houston Drummy, Esq., Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP (3 hours)
Who Should Attend?
- Consider questions submitted by faculty in conjunction with completion of the preconference readings (1 hour)
- Attend the Preconference Medicare RAC Boot Camp (4 hours). The preconference readings and questions will be discussed during the Preconference Boot Camp
- Attend the entire Medicare RAC Summit
- Successfully complete the post-conference on-line examination (1 hour) - Click here to take sample examination.
Those who are interested in understanding and working successfully in the new Medicare RAC environment. This may include government agencies, consumer groups, patient quality organizations, health plans, hospitals, nursing homes, physicians and physician organizations, home health agencies, other providers of Medicare services (ambulance, DME, lab), nurses and other clinicians, medical coding and billing staff, health care financial and auditing personnel, and many others.
The purpose of the Medicare RAC Certificate Program is to give participants the understanding and tools necessary to work successfully with the new Medicare RAC process, requirements, and timetable. Program participants will learn the origins and purpose of the RAC approach, the results and lessons learned from the RAC demonstrations, the basic building blocks of the RAC process, and the current issues surrounding national implementation of RAC. By the end of this training, participants will be able to create an action plan that will outline key initiatives to be taken with respect to Medicare RAC implementation in their own organizations.
This is a practical, in-depth course for professionals who want to understand Medicare RAC issues in the context of their own local setting. The course will be geared to those who have limited training, but will also cater to those who have increasing levels of knowledge and training in the field. At the end of the course, participants will have 90 days to complete the on-line examination. Completion of the five elements of the training will earn the participants a certificate of completion.
Those who successfully complete the course requirements (steps 1 through 6 above), including pre-course readings and an online post conference test with a score of seventy percent (70%) or more, will receive a certificate of completion of the Medicare RAC Certificate Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the purpose of the Medicare RAC Certificate Program?
Please see Medicare RAC Certificate Program Learning Objectives and Course Objectives above.
- Is the Medicare RAC Certificate Program a professional certification program?
It is not. The program constitutes an attempt to organize a focused curriculum around implementation strategies and issues pertaining to Medicare RAC, while giving evidence of successful completion of that body of knowledge through the issuance of a certificate of completion.
- Please describe the post meeting on-line examination.
The post meeting on-line examination is a multi-question examination based upon the information made available in the preconference reading, preconference boot camp, and the Summit agenda. You may take this examination at any time during the ninety (90) days following the Summit. You will be given a web link to the examinations and a unique username and password to access the examination. You will have one hour to complete the examination once you have commenced it. You may take the examination up to three (3) times. Please note that new questions will rotate through the examination. You must score seventy percent (70%) or more to successfully complete this requirement. Click here to take sample examination.
- Have any other conferences offered a comparable certificate program?
Yes, the Quality Colloquium at Harvard University, www.QualityColloquium.com, has offered a Patient Safety Certificate Program, www.qualitycolloquium.com/certificate.html, for the past two years.